Statement of Accreditation - Physicians
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of the Atlanta School of Sleep Medicine and Technology and RMEI, LLC. The Atlanta School of Sleep Medicine and Technology is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Designation of Credit
The Atlanta School of Sleep Medicine and Technology designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Statement of Accreditation - Nurse Practitioners
This program is approved for 1.0 contact hour of continuing education by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
Program ID: 1404195 This program was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies and AANP Commercial Support Standards.
Statement of Accreditation - Physician Assistants
This program has been reviewed and is approved for a maximum of 1.0 hour of AAPA Category I CME credit by the Physician Assistant Review Panel. Program ID: 001594 This program was planned in accordance with AAPA's CME Standards for Enduring Material Programs and for Commercial Support of Enduring Material Programs.
DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
It is the policy of the Atlanta School of Sleep Medicine and Technology to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all its educational activities. All faculty participating in programs sponsored or jointly sponsored by the Atlanta School of Sleep Medicine and Technology are expected to disclose to the program audience any real or apparent conflict(s) of interest related to the content of their presentation(s). All slides and case-based material in this presentation have been subject to peer review to ensure independence of medical content. The content reviewer, Heidi Riney, MD, Diplomate, ABPN – Sleep Medicine, has no relevant financial relationships to
The planners, managers and faculty reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME activity:
- Philip M. Becker, MD, has affiliations with Xenoport (Consulting); UCB Pharma and Xenoport (Speaker's Bureau).
- David B. Rye, MD, PhD, has affiliations with Jazz Pharma, UCB Pharma and Xenoport (Consulting).
- John W. Winkelman, MD, PhD, has affiliations with UCB Pharma (Consulting); UCB Pharma (Research).
COURSE VIEWING REQUIREMENTS
The planners and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME activity:
- Jacqui Brooks, MBBCh, MRCPsych, has no affiliations with commercial interests relative to the content to disclose.
- Nora Hartley has no affiliations with commercial interests relative to the content to disclose.
- Marie Laney has no affiliations with commercial interests relative to the content to disclose.
Atlanta School of Sleep Medicine and Technology
- Russell Rosenberg, PhD, has no affiliations with commercial interests relative to the content to disclose.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of their patient's conditions and possible contraindications on dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer's product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. The planners of this activity do not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications.
The opinions expressed in the educational activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of the planners. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings.
Estimated time to complete: 1.0 hour
There is no fee for this educational activity. COMMERCIAL SUPPORT
This activity is supported by an independent educational grant from UCB Pharmaceuticals. HOW TO RECEIVE CREDIT
By reviewing the course content and successfully completing the post-test and evaluation, physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants are entitled to receive up to 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)
™. A statement of credit will be available to print from your user history page.
- Read the learning objectives and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the activity.
- Complete the post-test and activity evaluation.
- Physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants who successfully complete the post-test and evaluation will receive CME/CE credit. You must score 65% or higher on the post-test to receive credit for this activity.
- All other participants who successfully complete the post-test and evaluation will receive a certificate of participation.
|Supported Browsers: |
Internet Explorer 8.0+ for Windows 2000, 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 5.0+ for Mac OSX 10.5 and above
For video playback, install the latest version of Flash or Quicktime.
|Supported Phones & Tablets: |
Android 4.0.3 and above
iPhone/iPad with iOS 6.1 or above