DISCLOSURE POLICY STATEMENT
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) requires instructors, planners, managers and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest (COI) they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified COI are thoroughly vetted and resolved according to PIM policy. PIM is committed to providing its learners with high quality CME activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of a commercial interest.
- Christoph U. Correll, MD, has affiliations with Actelion, Alexza; Bristol-Myers Squibb, Cephalon, Eli Lilly, Genentech, Gerson Lehrman Group, IntraCellular Therapies, Janssen/J&J, Lundbeck, Medavante, Medscape, Merck, Otsuka, Pfizer, ProPhase, Roche, Sunovion, Takeda, Teva, and Vanda (Consultant); Merck (non-promotional lecture only) (Speaker's Bureau); BMS, Janssen/J&J, and Otsuka (Research).
- Robert W. Buchanan, MD, has affiliations with Abbott, Amgen, Bristol-Meyers-Squibb; En Vivo; Omeros; Roche (Consultant); Pfizer (Other: Data Safety Monitoring Board).
- Stephen R. Marder, MD, has affiliations with Pfizer, Genentech, Abbott, Boeringer-Ingelheim, Lundbeck, BMS, Otsuka, Shire, Roche, Targacept (Consultant); Amgen, Sunovion (Research); MedAvante (Stockholder).
The planners and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME activity:
- Jacqui Brooks, MBBCh, MRCPsych has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
- Cindy Kunzer has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine
The following PIM staff serve as clinical content reviewers and/or participate in planning CME/CE activities in a manner that may affect content:, Laura Excell, ND, NP, MS, MA, LPC, NCC; Trace Hutchison, PharmD; Samantha Mattiucci, PharmD, CCMEP; Jan Schultz, RN, MSN, CCMEP, hereby state that they or their spouse/life partner do not have any financial relationships or relationships to products or devices with any commercial interests related to the content of this CME/CE activity of any amount during the past 12 months.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of their patient's conditions and possible contraindications on dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer's product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.
PHYSICIAN CONTINUING EDUCATION
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and RMEI, LLC. The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Estimated time to complete: 1 hour
There is no fee for this educational activity. COMMERCIAL SUPPORT
This activity is jointly sponsored by RMEI, LLC and Postgraduate Institute for Medicine. RMEI gratefully acknowledges an educational grant from Genentech in support of this CME activity. HOW TO RECEIVE CREDIT
By reviewing the course content and successfully completing the post-test and evaluation, physicians are entitled to receive 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. A statement of credit will be available to print from your user history page.
COURSE VIEWING REQUIREMENTS
- Read the learning objectives and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the activity.
- Complete the post-test and activity evaluation.
- Physicians who successfully complete the post-test and evaluation will receive CME credit. You must score with a 65% or higher on the post-test to receive credit for this activity.
- All other participants who successfully complete the post-test and evaluation will receive a certificate of participation.
|Supported Browsers: |
Internet Explorer 8.0+ for Windows 2000, 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 5.0+ for Mac OSX 10.5 and above