PHYSICIAN CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION
CME credit provided by the National Lipid Association
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by The National Lipid Association and RMEI Medical Education, LLC. The National Lipid Association is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physician Credit Designation Statement
The National Lipid Association designates this internet enduring activity for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in this activity.
NCCPA accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
The National Lipid Association is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). Registered dietitians (RDs) and dietetic technicians, registered (DTRs) will receive 1 continuing professional education units (CPEUs) for completion of this program/ materials. CDR Accredited Provider #NL002.
Pharmacist Accreditation Statement
Universal Activity Number 0624-9999-17-058-H01-P (Application)
This activity has been approved for 1.25 contact hour(s) (.125 CEUs) of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.
The maximum number of hours awarded for this CE activity is 1.3 contact hours.
For the advanced practice nurse, this activity has 0.6 contact hours of pharmacotherapy content.
DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
The faculty reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME activity:
- James Underberg, MS, MD, FACPM, FACP, FASH, FASPC, FNLA, has affiliations with Aegerion, Amarin, Amgen, Kinder Pharm, and Recombine (Consultant); Akcea, Alexion, Amgen, Astra Zeneca, Gemphire Pharma, New Haven Pharma, Regeneron, and Sanofi (Advisory Board); Alexion, Amgen, Astra Zeneca, Merck, Regeneron, and Sanofi (Speaker); Aegerion and Pfizer (Research); and Aegerion (Clinical Trials).
- Mary Katherine Cheeley, PharmD, BCPS, CLS, has affiliations with Amgen (Consultant); Regeneron (Research); Regeneron/Sanofi (Speaker and Advisory Board).
- Winston Wong, PharmD, has no affiliations with commercial interest relative to the content to disclose.
RMEI Medical Education, LLC
- Dan Hayes, MD, has no affiliations with commercial interests relative to the content to disclose.
- Katherine Mann, PharmD, has affiliations with Otsuka (spouse is a consultant and on the board of directors to Otsuka Pharmaceutials, USA).
- Jacqui Brooks, MBBCh, MRCPsych, has no affiliations with commercial interests relative to the content to disclose.
- Elizabeth Paczolt, MD, has no affiliations with commercial interests relative to the content to disclose.
National Lipid Association
- Allison Fellers has no affiliations with commercial interests relative to the content to disclose.
- Amina Resheidat has no affiliations with commercial interests relative to the content to disclose.
- John Casey Elkins, DNP, NP-C, Med, CLS, FNLA, has received fees as a speaker for Sanofi/Regeneron.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of their patients’ conditions and possible contraindications and/or dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer’s product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. The planners of this activity do not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications.
The opinions expressed in the educational activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of the planners. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings.
It is the policy of NLA to ensure independence, balance, objectivity, scientific rigor, and integrity in all of its continuing education activities. Planners, faculty, reviewers, and staff have disclosed any financial relationships with commercial interests as defined by the ACCME.
Estimated time to complete: 1.25 hours
There is no fee for this educational activity.
STATEMENT OF COMMERCIAL SUPPORT
This activity is jointly provided by RMEI Medical Education, LLC, and the National Lipid Association (NLA). This activity is supported by an independent medical educational grant from Sanofi US and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.
HOW TO RECEIVE CREDIT
To obtain credit, a score of 75% or better on the post-test is required. This activity is offered at no cost to participants. Please proceed with the activity until you have successfully completed this program, answered all test questions, completed the post-test and evaluation, and have received a digital copy of your credit certificate.
For Pharmacists: Upon receipt of the completed activity evaluation form, transcript information will be available at www.mycpemonitor.net
within 4 weeks.
If you have any questions relating to the accreditation of this activity, please contact email@example.com. Click here for NLA’s Privacy Statement.