This activity has been approved by the Commission on Dietetic Registration for 1.5 CPEUs.
DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) requires instructors, planners, managers and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest (COI) they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified COI are thoroughly vetted and resolved according to PIM policy. PIM is committed to providing its learners with high quality CE activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of a commercial interest.
The faculty and reviewers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this Continuing Education (CE) activity:
- Kelly Issokson, MS, RD, CNSC, has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
- Caroline Hwang, MD, has affiliations with UCB (Consulting Fees); Janssen, Nestlé Health Science (Fees for Non-CME/CE Services Received Directly from a Commercial Interest or their Agents); AbbVie, Celgene, Eli-Lilly (Contracted Research).
- Gil Y. Melmed, MD, MS, has affiliations with AbbVie, Celgene, Janssen, Medtronic, Pfizer, Takeda, UCB (Consulting Fees).
- Aline Charabaty, MD, has affiliations with AbbVie (Consulting Fees); AbbVie, Janssen, Takeda (Fees for Non-CME/CE Services Received Directly from a Commercial Interest or their Agents); Janssen (Contracted Research).
- Catherine Giguere-Rich, CNSC, has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
- Erin Feldman, RD, has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation
- Sudha Sarode, MSPH, has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
RMEI Medical Education, LLC
- Sherri Kramer, MD, has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
- Faith Reidenbach, CHCP, has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
- Nora Hartley has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine
The following PIM planners and managers, Judi Smelker-Mitchek, RN, BSN, Trace Hutchison, PharmD, Samantha Mattiucci, PharmD, CHCP, and Jan Schultz, MSN, RN, CHCP, have nothing to disclose.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of their patients' conditions and possible contraindications and/or dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer's product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. The planners of this activity do not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications.
The opinions expressed in the educational activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of the planners. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings.
Estimated time to complete: 1 hour and 30 minutes
There is no fee for this educational activity.
This activity is jointly provided by Postgraduate Institute for Medicine, the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation, and RMEI Medical Education, LLC. This activity is supported by an independent medical educational grant from Nestlé Health Science.
HOW TO RECEIVE CREDIT
By reviewing the course content and successfully completing the post-test and evaluation, registered dietitians are entitled to receive up to 1.5 CDR Continuing Professional Education Units. A statement of credit will be available to print from your user history page.
Read the learning objectives and faculty disclosures.
Participate in the activity.
Complete the activity evaluation.
Registered dietitians who successfully complete the post-test and evaluation will receive CE credit. You must score 75% or higher on the post-test to receive credit for this activity. All other participants who successfully complete the post-test and evaluation will receive a certificate and submit this in to their governing body for CE credit. It is up to each governing body to determine if they will accept this for CE credit.
COURSE VIEWING REQUIREMENTS
|Supported Browsers: |
Internet Explorer 9.0+ for Windows 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 6.0+ for Mac OSX 10.7 and above
|Supported Phones & Tablets: |
Android 4.0.3 and above
iPhone/iPad with iOS 6.1 or above.