PHYSICIAN CONTINUING EDUCATION Accreditation Statement
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and RMEI, LLC. The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Credit Designation
The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit
™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) requires instructors, planners, managers and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any real or apparent conflicts of interest (COI) they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified COI are thoroughly vetted and resolved according to PIM policy. The existence or absence of COI for everyone in a position to control content will be disclosed to participants prior to the start of each activity.
reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CME activity:
- Christoph U. Correll, MD, has affiliations with Eli Lilly, Genentech, Gerson Lehrman Group, IntraCellular Therapies, Janssen/J&J, Lundbeck, MedAvante, Medscape, Pfizer, ProPhase, Otsuka, Roche, Sunovion, Supernus, Takeda (Consulting); Eli Lilly, Genentech, IntraCellular Therapies, Lundbeck, Medscape, Otsuka, Roche, and Sunovion (Fees for Non-CME/CE Services Received Directly from a Commercial Interest or their Agents); Bristol-Myers Squibb and Otsuka (Research).
- John M. Kane, MD, has affiliations with Alkermes, Forrest, Genentech, Intracellular Therapeautics, Lundbeck, Otsuka, and Roche (Consulting); Invivo, Janssen, Novartis, Reviva, and Targacept (Speaker).
- John Lauriello, MD, has affiliations with Janssen and Sunovion (Research).
- Jacqui Brooks, MBBCh, MRCPsych, has no affiliations with commercial interests relative to the content to disclose.
- Nora Hartley has no affiliations with commercial interests relative to the content to disclose.
- Cynthia M. Kunzer, CMP, has no affiliations with commercial interests relative to the content to disclose.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of their patient's conditions and possible contraindications on dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer's product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. The planners of this activity do not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications.
The opinions expressed in the educational activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of the planners. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings.
Estimated time to complete: 1.0 hour
FEE INFORMATION COURSE VIEWING REQUIREMENTS
There is no fee for this educational activity. COMMERCIAL SUPPORT
This activity is supported by an independent educational grant from Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc. HOW TO RECEIVE CREDIT
By reviewing the course content and successfully completing the post-test and evaluation, physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants are entitled to receive up to 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)
™. A statement of credit will be available to print from your user history page.
- Read the learning objectives and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the activity.
- Complete the post-test and activity evaluation.
- Physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants who successfully complete the post-test and evaluation will receive CME/CE credit. You must score 65% or higher on the post-test to receive credit for this activity.
- All other participants who successfully complete the post-test and evaluation will receive a certificate of participation.
|Supported Browsers: |
Internet Explorer 8.0+ for Windows 2000, 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 5.0+ for Mac OSX 10.5 and above
For video playback, install the latest version of Flash or Quicktime.