DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) requires instructors, planners, managers and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest (COI) they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified COI are thoroughly vetted and resolved according to PIM policy. PIM is committed to providing its learners with high quality CE activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of a commercial interest.
The faculty reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CNE activity:
- Mary D. Moller, DNP, ARNP, APRN, PMHCNS-BC, CPRP, FAAN, has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
- Joyce M. Shea, DNSc, APRN, PMHCNS-BC, has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
- Peter J. Weiden, MD, has affiliations with Delpor, Johnson & Johnson (Janssen), Lundbeck, Otsuka USA, Merck, Novartis, Sunovion, Genentech/Roche (Consultant); Johnson & Johnson (Janssen), Merck, Novartis, Sunovion (Speakers' Bureau); Genentech/Roche, Johnson & Johnson (Janssen), NIMH, Novartis, Sunovion, Neurocrine (Grant Support); and Delpor (Stockholder).
The planners and managers reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CE activity: RMEI, LLC
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine
- Jacqui Brooks, MBBCh, MRCPsych, has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
- Cynthia M. Kunzer, CMP, has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
- The patient in this activity has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
DISCLOSURE OF UNLABELED USE
- Jan Hixon, RN, BSN, MA, has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
- Trace Hutchison, PharmD, has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
- Samantha Mattiucci, PharmD, has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
- Jan Schultz, RN, MSN, CCMEP, has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. The planners of this activity do not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications.
The opinions expressed in the educational activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of the planners. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings. DISCLAIMER
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of their patient's conditions and possible contraindications on dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer's product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.
This educational activity for 1.0 contact hours is provided by Postgraduate Institute for Medicine.
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of registered nurses involved in the care of patients with schizophrenia.
Estimated time to complete: 60 minutes
There is no fee for this educational activity. COMMERCIAL SUPPORT
This activity is jointly sponsored by RMEI, LLC and Postgraduate Institute for Medicine. RMEI gratefully acknowledges an educational grant from Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc. in support of this CNE activity. HOW TO RECEIVE CREDIT
By reviewing the course content and successfully completing the post-test and evaluation, physicians are entitled to receive 1.0 ANCC Category 1 Credit(s)
™. A statement of credit will be available to print from your user history page.
- Read the learning objectives and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the activity.
- Complete the post-test and activity evaluation.
- Nurses who successfully complete the post-test and evaluation will receive CNE credit. You must score with a 70% or higher on the post-test to receive credit for this activity.
- All other participants who successfully complete the post-test and evaluation will receive a certificate of participation.
COURSE VIEWING REQUIREMENTS
|Supported Browsers: |
Internet Explorer 8.0+ for Windows 2000, 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 5.0+ for Mac OSX 10.5 and above
For video playback, install the latest version of Flash or Quicktime.
|Supported Phones & Tablets: |
Android 4.0.3 and above
iPhone/iPad with iOS 6.1 or above