Challenging Cases in Angioedema
Challenging Cases in Angioedema
|Relevant Terms:||Hereditary angioedema|
|Primary Audience:||Allergists/immunologists, dermatologists, urgent care and primary care clinicians|
|Credits:||1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
|Expiration Date:||The accreditation for this activity has expired.|
|Curriculum Name:||Challenging Cases in Angioedema|
After completing this activity, the participant will demonstrate the ability to:
- Formulate an appropriate diagnostic workup for various types of angioedema
- Utilize individualized hereditary angioedema (HAE) treatment strategies, taking into consideration risks and benefits of therapies, disease characteristics and severity, comorbid conditions, patient quality of life, and patient preference
The University of California, San Diego School of Medicine designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Marc Riedl, MD, MS, has affiliations with BioCryst, CSL Behring, Dyax, Pharming, and Shire (Grants/Research Support); CSL Behring, Dyax, Salix, and Shire (Speaker's Bureau); and BioCryst, Dyax, Isis, Salix, and Shire (Consulting Fees).
- Michael E. Manning, MD, Shire (Advisory Board); CSL Behring and Dyax (Research Support); and CSL Behring, Dyax, and Shire (Speaker's Bureau).
- Richard G. Gower, MD, has affiliations with Anacor, BioCryst, Circassia, CSL Behring, Dey‑Mylan, Dyax, Genentech/Novartis/Roche, GlaxoSmithKline, Mylan, OptiNose, Pearl, Regeneron, Shire/Viropharma, Teva/Cephalon, and Tigercat (Research Grant); CSL Behring and Dyax (Consultant); Dyax (Advisory Board); Dey‑Mylan, Genentech/Novartis/Roche, Medscape, Shire/Viropharma, and Teva/Cephalon (Consultant/Advisory Board); CSL Behring, Dey‑Mylan, Genentech/Novartis/Roche, Medscape, Shire/Viropharma, and Teva/Cephalon (Speaker); CSL Behring, Dey‑Mylan, Genentech/Novartis/Roche, Medscape, Shire/Viropharma, and Teva/Cephalon (Honorarium); Merck (Stock Ownership); and Jubilant HollisterStier (Medical Director).
- Sherri Kramer, MD, has no affiliations with commercial interests to disclose.
- Amy Reeve has no affiliations with commercial interests relative to the content to disclose.
- Nora Hartley has no affiliations with commercial interests relative to the content to disclose.
Activity Learning Format: Internet Activity (Enduring Material)
There is no fee for this educational activity.
This activity is supported by educational financial grants from US Hereditary Angioedema Association; Salix, a division of Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC; Shire; and CSL Behring.
HOW TO RECEIVE CREDIT
By reviewing the course content and successfully completing the post-test and evaluation, physicians are entitled to receive up to 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. A statement of credit will be available to print from your user history page. Users must:
- Read the learning objectives and faculty disclosures.
- Participate in the activity.
- Complete the activity evaluation.
Internet Explorer 9.0+ for Windows 2003, Vista, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1
Google Chrome 28.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Mozilla Firefox 23.0+ for Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
Safari 6.0+ for Mac OSX 10.7 and above
|Supported Phones & Tablets:
Android 4.0.3 and above
iPhone/iPad with iOS 6.1 or above